Thursday, September 5, 2013

Simple Delights: Father scares away hiccups



After I left the house and started down a side road, I realized I had the hiccups, and I wished I’d gotten a drink before heading out to pay rent. Continuing on, I tried to get rid of the hiccups by swallowing and breathing deeply, but most of the time, the only way I get rid of hiccups is by getting a drink.

As I turned a corner, three dogs dashed up behind me—growling and barking, and I jumped, not knowing what they might do. Afterwards, when I calmed down, I thought about my hiccups, waited and realized they were gone. Realizing how the dogs scaring me had chased away the hiccups, I remembered my Dad.

As a child, whenever any of us four children had the hiccups and he happened to be around, he would generally suggest scaring them away and sometimes he would try. :) Thinking of my Dad scaring away hiccups brought to mind how my heavenly Father is always watching, and I smiled, then laughed, as I pictured my heavenly Father sending those dogs to scare away my hiccups! :)

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” ~ Matthew 10:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment