Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I am weak; He is strong

This week has certainly proven that phrase.

Sunday night, I stayed up later than I should have due to worry over Monday's tasks. Worrying is in direct disobedience to many of Jesus' teachings.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:34

I disobeyed. :(

Then, after all my worries, I finished up earlier than usual on Monday.

Why did I not just follow Jesus' words?

In the wake of my disobedience and repentance, I praise God for His discipline and forgiveness.

"And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: 'My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.'" ~ Hebrews 12:5-6

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." ~ Psalm 103:11-12

I am so thankful the Everlasting Father is so much stronger than I am and lovingly draws me back into His arms whenever I stray.

A good friend said today she read Hosea 6:1-3 and thought of me. 

"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." ~ Hosea 6:1-3

One of the neatest parts about the timing of this passage in my life is that I have two more days before I plan to visit North Greenville University, where I still have good friends and good memories! :)

"The Lord will fight for you;
you need only to be still."
~ Exodus 14:14 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment