Monday, November 28, 2011

Brotherly Love

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love..." ~ Romans 12:10

With two brothers of my own, Keven and Kristofer, I have always noticed the connection between brothers and particularly noted when brothers work together.

There seems to be a deep bond between brothers which extends beyond understanding to link them together no matter what comes--time, distance or anything else.

That bond never ceases to attract my attention and capture my imagination, and almost no one demonstrates that bond more so than the five Baker brothers: Nathan, Andrew, Daniel, Adam and Benjamin.

Their bond came to mind as I re-read the familiar passage of how believers are to interact with each other and to support each other no matter what comes--time, distance or anything else.

As I read Romans 12:10, I used to think of how a brother loves a sister, mother or father, but I think the picture becomes more clear when the love is demonstrated from one brother to another.

Romans 12:10 ~ "...Honor one another above yourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment