Friday, December 9, 2011

Emmanuel: God with us


Where do you turn
when the darkness closes in?

To the Light - "The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world." ~ John 1:9


When family is far away and no one else has time to be with us, we will never be disappointed when we turn to the Lord Almighty, for He waits with open arms to lead, to listen and to quiet us with His unconditional love.


"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." ~ Zephaniah 3:17

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." ~ Deuteronomy 31:8

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

No matter where we go or what we do, we are never beyond the reach of the Maker of heaven and earth who is always just a prayer away.

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will hold me, your right hand will hold me fast." ~ Psalm 139:9-10

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. ~ Jeremiah 1:8

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age." ~ Matthew 28:19-20

"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: 'Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.'" ~ Acts 18:9-10

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."
~ Matthew 1:23 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment